LOCATION: Canby, Oregon
WAGE: Dependent Upon Experience ($16.83-$19.00)
As an Equipment Operator (EO) at IFA Nurseries, you will be part of a team responsible for
growing high-quality conifer seedlings essential in sustainably regenerating forests across the
Northwest. This position will help maintain and cultivate the fields, crops, storage, and
surrounding areas. An EO will provide equipment support where needed and help with daily
maintenance of the equipment. Work may include and/or be limited to operating both and/or
forklifts around and in buildings and running tractors through the fields and on roads.
- Operate forklift for un/loading trucks and cooler/freezer storage and as needed.
- Operate a tractor to pull a trailer, spreader, transplanter, and lifter to remove seedlings
- from the ground etc.
- Operate tractor with various implements attached to perform field work and maintenance
- Mix and operate spray equipment while following safe handling guidelines
- Operate blade and bucket to maintain roads, fields, driveway, etc.
- Operate forks and bucket tractor as needs
- Deliver seedlings for planting and removal of pallet, bins, etc. from field
- Aid Irrigation in the delivery and removal of pipes and other equipment to and from field
- Field and Road work
- Complete paperwork correctly and completely
- Assemble tier racks and fix pallets as needed
- Report any concerns about equipment, crop, diseases, weeds, etc
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to operate equipment safely and back up a trailer
- Ability to learn new things, follow directions and work well with others
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Good attendance and ability to work long hours and on some weekends
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Good housekeeping and time management skills
- Ability to keep records, fill out paperwork and/or IPad records
The following is offered after qualifying hours and length of employment is met:
o Holiday Pay
o Personal Time Off
o 401K with company match
o Flexible Spending Account
o Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
To apply; please send resume to:
Mr. Thomas Cushman